Iron Lions London - The Paintball Team for London The Pub
Pages: 12
Meeting to discuss training and much more By: IL-Olly Date: October 23, 2007, 01:55:11 pm
Hi All,

After the tragic events of yesterday evening, I propose that we meet up so we can discuss upcoming training sessions and team organisation for future tournaments and events. This would be a logical continuation of the discussion we had in Paris at the hotel bar, and would allow us to set new objectives, rethink our training sessions and see how we can maximise our chances of playing paintball and improving. All are welcome to join this discussion, regardless of how long you've been practising with us.

As a location and date, I propose to meet up at Nandos on the south bank just beside London Bridge, this coming Thursday (October 25th) at 6pm. Could all willing attendees post their availabilities. I can imagine that on such short notice, not all might be able to make it, just try, and if really too many people cannot make it and would like to, we will postpone.

Here is a map of the Nandos' location :
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Clink+Street,+London,+UK&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=45.601981,85.78125&ie=UTF8&ll=51.506793,-0.091603&spn=0.008801,0.020943&z=16&om=1

If the venue is not convenient for the majority of you, we will change it.

Counting on your presence and input.

Current attendees:
- Bev (just confirm again for tomorrow night)
- Andy
- Clyde
- Wayne
- Olly

See ya,

O.
Meeting to discuss training and much more By: CLM Date: October 23, 2007, 04:06:04 pm
i shall be there
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: IL-AndrewC Date: October 23, 2007, 04:20:39 pm
In principle I'm up for this as I think we definitely need to act on the ideas we came up with in Paris.

But, I would rather meet up once we know exactly what our options are at TPC ragarding practice and Saturdays.

Bev - do we have any news on renegotiations with Dave?

If so, then cool I'll be there on Thursday. If not, I would suggest we postpone this sort of meeting until we know what our options are and we can put concrete plans in place rather than come up with ideas which won't pan out.

I definitely agree with Olly though, we do need to sort out what we are doing next year...as well as playing in Wendy's X-Ball lite event next month.

Just my 2p.  :wink:
Meeting to discuss training and much more By: IL-Bevank Date: October 23, 2007, 08:59:46 pm
i will try to get a hold of Dave to find out what our options are this week but work is crazy at the moment so i think we should chat on Monday at TPC
ill try to make tpc on Saturday i am on call but they have internet so i can work from the bar if i need too
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: IL-AndrewC Date: October 23, 2007, 09:52:37 pm
Thanks Bev.

In which case guys I suggest we postpone the meeting until next week. Once we've spoken to Dave I reckon the meeting will be way more useful.

What do you reckon?
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: CLM Date: October 24, 2007, 06:27:38 am
I reckon we still have some sort of meeting,  It will be a good start towards developing this new team, we need to sit down before we speak to Dave, that way everyone can decide what the best plan of action is towards renegotiations and I personally want to find out what the whole deal was in the first place, if anything! Besides it'll be good to see you all again and have a couple of beers - team bonding after all and isn't that what we decided to be the most important part, we need to make this a family.  Please let me know what you guys think!!
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: IL-Olly Date: October 24, 2007, 08:45:23 am
I agree with Clyde.

We definitely need to have a thorough discussion with Dave on what can be done. But we can discuss everything without knowing what Dave's proposition will be, and even discuss what our side of the agreement could be before we actually speak with him. A lot of other topics need to be discussed as well:

- Events and tournaments we will want to attend this upcoming year.
- Other training venue than TPC for training on a proper size field.
- Team jersy (and gear ?)

On another side, it would also be a good moment to discuss other points:

- Training drills and exercices we should try and follow.
- More analysis of Paris millennium event.

Personally, I would prefer we do this as soon as possible. And even though it is necessary to have our discussion with Dave to see where TPC training is going, it does not seem necessary prior to holding this meeting.

Let me know what you think

Olly.
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: IL-AndrewC Date: October 24, 2007, 12:28:06 pm
ok I'm up for it....although the response to this thread doesn't seem to be massive so do we have any idea how many people will pitch up?

Guys...post up if you're coming!!

I reckon we should all come along with our own list of topics so we make sure that everything is addressed. I know there are a few old niggles which people have that couldn't be raised under the old structure so hopefully we can sort them all out tomorrow.

See you at Nando's...by the way...what time?
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: IL-Olly Date: October 24, 2007, 12:34:52 pm
I was thinking around 7pm

I'll give the few other attendees a ring to get things moving.

Olly.
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: CLM Date: October 24, 2007, 12:44:03 pm
Well i was thinking a bit ealier would probably be better for me as i dont want to have to travel all the way home only to put my bags down and have to come back - what time does everyone finish work?
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: IL-Olly Date: October 24, 2007, 12:55:57 pm
we can make it 6pm if you guys prefer. really not a problem for me. I'll update my first post.

btw, got wayne, and he is up for it as well and joining us.

Olly.
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: Wayne Date: October 24, 2007, 01:07:07 pm
ill be there
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: IL-Miller Date: October 24, 2007, 01:11:16 pm
I will be there fellas at 6pm
Miller
Re: Meeting to discuss training and much more By: IL-Miller Date: October 24, 2007, 01:11:41 pm
hdghdg
Meeting to discuss training and much more By: CLM Date: October 24, 2007, 01:18:54 pm
Olly, ill meet you there at about 6, we can have a couple of drinks before the rest arrive seeing as some will only be able to make it at 7, let me know if that suits you.